If you’ve been saving for retirement, it is possible that you have attended (or at least been invited to) the infamous “dinner seminar” in the past. These events typically entail meeting in a local restaurant or hotel ballroom, being served a free meal, and listening to a presentation about how you need to purchase various financial products that can help you plan ahead for retirement.
Since early 2020, though, the COVID-19 pandemic has all but eliminated this type of marketing by financial advisors. Today, it is much more likely that investors and retirees are being invited to online seminars, webinars, and other types of “virtual” events… and this can provide you with a multitude of advantages.
Why Consider Working with an Online Financial Advisor
Just a decade or two ago, virtual meetings were the exception rather than the norm. But how things have changed! With the vast reach of the Internet, there are a multitude of businesses that have partially or fully switched over to a virtual platform.
One industry where this is particularly popular is financial services – and there are a number of reasons for this, such as:
- The ability to educate consumers 24/7
- Ease of screen sharing and reviewing documents
- Convenience of e-signatures (and in turn, more quickly getting a plan in place)
- No need to spend time driving to an in-person appointment
- Safety/social distancing and elimination of spreading germs
- No disruption in your relationship with an advisor – even if you move to a different geographic location
- Ease of working with an advisor who specializes in a particular type of planning (such as retirement income)
- Ability to more easily collaborate with other “team” members, such as an attorney or CPA
Where to Find the Right Virtual Financial Advisor
While there are many benefits that can come from working with a virtual financial advisor, not all are created equally. So, it is essential to do a bit of research before you move forward. One way to get a better idea of an advisor’s reputation and track record is to review information about them through the Better Business Bureau, as well as via the BrokerCheck feature on the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s website. This helpful (and free) website allows you to research the background and experience of financial firms, brokers, and advisors.
If you’re searching for an experienced and well-established online retirement income planning team, feel free to contact us at Annuity Gator. We specialize in helping people plan and coordinate their sources of income in retirement, as well as to fill in any “gaps” that may exist between pension, Social Security, and/or other sources of income in retirement.
Feel free to reach out to us directly and talk with a retirement income expert today. You can find us by calling (888) 440-2468, or you can send us an email by going to our secure online contact form. We look forward to assisting you.