AIG has been in the business of offering financial growth and protection products for more than a century. In 1919, the company began its operations in Asia, and over the years, it has grown and expanded exponentially around the globe.
This large conglomerate offers growth and protection products, including:
- Term, Whole, and Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Annuities
- Travel Insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Structured Settlements
- Home Loans
Today, AIG has more than 90 million customers and policy holders who span from 100 different countries. The company’s year-end 2017 earnings exceeded $49 billion.
Because of its strong financial foundation, AIG has received high marks from the insurer rating agencies, which include the following:
- Standard & Poor’s – A+
- A.M. Best Company – A
- Moody’s Investor Services – A2
- Fitch – A+
In addition, AIG has earned a grade of A- from the Better Business Bureau.
This company offers a broad array of annuities, including fixed, variable, and indexed. And, because both immediate and deferred annuities are sold through AIG, you can opt to have your income stream start right away (or within a very short time after purchasing the annuity) or you could instead delay your income receipt until a time in the future.
AIG Variable Annuity Option
Variable annuities offer you the opportunity to grow your account balance, based on the performance of underlying investments. AIG offers the Polaris Platinum lll Variable Annuity. This annuity combines growth potential with death benefit features, as well as optional retirement income features. You can check out the Polaris Platinum lll Variable Annuity brochure HERE.
Fixed annuities offer tax-deferred growth, along with options for guaranteed income benefits. These types of annuities can be a good option for those who are seeking protection of principal – regardless of what happens in the stock market – as well as an income stream that they can count on.
The fixed annuities that are offered through AIG include:
- Assured Edge Income Builder
- American Pathway SolutionsMYG Annuity
- American Pathway Fixed 4 Annuity
- American Pathway Fixed 5 and Fixed 7 Annuities
To access the most up to date information of these fixed annuities from AIG, you can go HERE.
Indexed annuities offer growth potential that is based in part on the performance of a market index – such as the S&P 500. As with other types of annuities, the growth that takes place in an indexed annuity is tax-deferred.
In this case, though, if the annuity’s underlying index (or indexes) has a positive return in a given year, the account will be credited – oftentimes up to a set maximum, or “cap.” But, if the underlying index or indexes perform poorly in a given year, there will be no loss credited. Rather, the account will simply earn a 0% return for that period.
There are several indexed annuities provided through AIG. These include the:
- Power Index Plus Annuity
- Power Index Plus Income Annuity
- AG Choice Index 10 Annuity
Additional details regarding the indexed annuities that are offered through AIG can be found HERE.
Is an Annuity Right for You?
As insurance companies continue to expand their product lines, finding the right annuity can become more challenging. One of the biggest reasons for that is because you need to wade through a myriad of “fine print” in order to learn more about how the annuity works, and how it may – or may not – be a good addition to your portfolio.
That’s where Annuity Gator comes in.
At Annuity Gator, our focus is to help consumers better understand the inner workings of annuities so that you know what to anticipate going forward. We know that nobody likes surprises when it comes to their retirement savings.
So, if you want to learn more about a particular annuity product – or even if you have questions or concerns about annuities in general – contact us and speak with one of our annuity experts.
The Annuity Gator
P.S If you would like to read more of our AIG annuity reviews here are some links to check out:
- Independent Review of the American General Life Insurance Company Power 10 Protector Plus Income Index Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG (American General) American Pathway Annuity
- Independent Review of the American General Power Select Plus Fixed Index Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG American Pathway 5 Fixed Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG Power Index Plus Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG – Polaris Platinum III Variable Annuity
- Independent Review of the American General Power Select Plus Income Annuity
- Independent Review of the American General Life Insurance Company QLAC
- Independent Review of the AIG American Pathway 7 Fixed Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG Assured Edge Income Builder Fixed Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG Power Index Plus Income Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG (American General) Pathway SolutionsMYG Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG Polaris Select Investor Variable Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG Choice Index 10 Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG American Pathway Solutions MYG Fixed Annuity
- Independent Review of the AIG – Polaris Choice IV Variable Annuity